Coffin’s model “DEB 22” pump is a two-stage, centrifugal diffuser type pump. The pump impellers are mounted at the end of a short, rigid, stainless steel shaft. Impellers are accurately splined to the shaft to eliminate the use of large keys while minimizing impeller run-out. The two impellers are identical, and feature special balancing holes to further ensure hydraulic balance. The rotating assembly is supported by a set of high-speed precision bearings. Model “DEB 22” impeller, impeller inlets, diffuser, diffuser cover, wear rings and sleeves are all constructed of stainless steel. All pump materials are high grade and can be changed to client specifications.
The model “DEB 22” turbine drive pump is driven by a single-stage, two-row impulse type steam turbine. The pump and turbine are mounted at opposite ends of a common, short and rigid shaft, and thrust is taken up by a duplex angular contact type bearing located at the outboard end of the pump housing. Coffin Turbo Pump is the single-source manufacturer of turbine and pump.
Steam Inlet Conditions:
- Inlet pressure up to 1,050 psig (73.8 Kg/cm2)
- Steam inlet temperature to 975 °F (524 °C)
Turbine Drive Model Features:
- Control valve with steam strainer
- Overspeed trip mechanism
- Turbine casing sentinel valve
- Excess back pressure trip mechanism
- Manual trip mechanism
For more information on our turbine driven pumps click here.
The model “DEB 22” motor drive pump is driven by an at-speed induction motor. The motor and pump are mounted on common base plate with common lube system.
Motor Drive Model Features:
- Multiple voltage options
- Pump speed control by variable frequency drive
- Precision-balanced, flexible disc type coupling
- Water or air cooling system
- High motor efficiency, even under partial loads