The model “IND” pump is a single-stage, diffuser type centrifugal pump. The rotating assembly is mounted on a short, rigid stainless steel shaft. Its one-piece cast steel pump casing is not subject to high velocity liquids, thus eliminating destructive casing erosion. In addition, the rotating assembly is supported by a set of high-speed precision bearings. The impeller, impeller inlets, diffuser, diffuser cover, wear rings, and diaphragm are all constructed of stainless steel or bronze.
The model “IND” turbo wheel is driven by a single-stage, impulse type steam turbine. The impeller and turbine are mounted at opposite ends of a common, short and rigid shaft. Coffin Turbo Pump is the single source manufacturer of turbine and pump.
Steam Inlet Conditions:
- Inlet pressure up to 600 psig (42.2 Kg/cm2)
- Steam inlet temperature to 650 °F (343 °C)
Turbine Drive Model Features:
- Control valve with steam strainer
- Overspeed trip mechanism
- Turbine casing sentinel valve
- Excess back pressure trip
- Manual trip mechanism
For more information on our turbine driven pumps click here.
The model “IND” motor drive pump is driven by an at-speed induction motor. The motor and pump are mounted on common base plate.
Motor Drive Model Features:
- Multiple voltage options
- Pump speed control by variable frequency drive
- Precision-balanced, flexible disc type coupling
- Water or air motor cooling system
- High motor efficiency, even under partial loads