Coffin Condition Monitoring System- CCMS
Coffin Turbo Pump is leveraging technology and expertise to improve the reliability of its pumps: we are proud to introduce the new Coffin Condition Monitoring System (CCMS) that can be retrofitted onto any of our existing feed pumps. This package allows for data collection, storage, trending and analysis of critical pump operating data. The system is totally configurable and can be engineered to meet your specific requirements. Several degrees of instrumentation packages are available, including:
- Basic – Upgraded multi-directional accelerometers mounted at bearing, discharge pressure and RPM.
- Intermediate – Basic + pump discharge and recirculation flow monitoring.
- Advanced – Intermediate + full range of pressures, temperature and flow monitoring including auxiliaries.
The system also includes a capability for alarm and trip functionality when condition parameters exceed pre-set limit criteria, either directly or through interface with the vessels central control system. Installation and commissioning can occur in place, even aboard vessels in service and underway; CTPI’s worldwide agent network ensures global service coverage, 24/7.
The data collected, monitored, and analysed within each package may be customized to include:
- Pump: flowrate
- Recirc.: flowrate
- Discharge: pressure/temperature
- Suction: pressure/temperature
- Flush water: pressure/temperature
- Lube oil: pressure/temperature
- Thrust bearing: temperature/vibration
- Pump main bearing: temperature/vibration
- Turbine main bearing: temperature/vibration
- Steam inlet: pressure/temperature
- Exhaust inlet: pressure/temperature
CTPI will perform periodic analyses of deviations from baseline values and expected performance to develop valuable insights into the health and operating status of your pumps, allowing CTP to make conclusive and prescriptive recommendations into their service and operation. Operating analysis of your pump with a condition monitoring package will:
- Help avoid unplanned outages
- Pre-plan optimized periodic maintenance activities
- Allow for recommendations in optimizing shipboard operating practices to increase reliability
- Allow for recommendations in additional hydraulic components to optimize performance based on actual range of flow/pressure requirements.