The model “CG” pump is a single-stage, centrifugal diffuser type pump mounted on a short, rigid stainless steel shaft. Pump casing is one-piece cast steel, and is not subjected to high velocity liquids—thus eliminating any destructive casing erosion. The rotating assembly is supported by a set of high-speed precision bearings. The impeller, impeller inlets, diffuser, diffuser cover, wear rings, and diaphragm are all constructed of stainless steel.
The model “CG” turbine driven pump is driven by a single-stage, two-row impulse type steam turbine. The pump and turbine are mounted at opposite ends of a common, short and rigid shaft. Coffin Turbo Pump is the single source manufacturer of turbine and pump.
Steam Inlet Conditions:
- Inlet pressure up to 650 psig (45.7 Kg/cm2)
- Steam inlet temperature to 650 °F (343 °C)
Turbine Driven Model Features:
- Control valve with steam strainer
- Overspeed trip mechanism
- Turbine casing sentinel valve
- Excess back pressure trip
- Manual trip mechanism
For more information on our turbine driven pumps click here.
The model “CG” motor driven pump is driven by an at-speed induction motor. The motor and pump are mounted on common base plate with common lube system.
Motor Drive Model Features:
- Multiple voltage options
- Pump speed control by variable frequency drive
- Precision-balanced, flexible disc type coupling
- Water or air cooling system
- High motor efficiency, even under partial loads