Coffin Turbo Pump is proud to be a recognized, global leader in engineering and manufacturing of rotating equipment specializing in boiler feed pumps for the marine, offshore and industrial markets. With our international presence and technological leadership we offer challenging career opportunities. At Coffin, you will be part of team dedicated to serving its customers and channel partners worldwide each and every day. If you want to work on exciting technical projects and see the results of your work firsthand, come join the Coffin Turbo Pump, Inc. team. We offer rewarding opportunities and competitive salary and benefits.
- Manage and continuously improve all operational aspects of a multi-million-dollar rotating equipment and spare part manufacturing facility.
- Direct and provide oversight of critical shop activities such as production planning, preventative maintenance and continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure a safe, OSHA, and environmentally complaint workplace.
- Oversee capacity, expense, inventory and capital investment budgeting, forecasting, facilities management and modernization, machine shop and test area capacity planning.
- Supervise shop machinist, assembly, and welding personnel.
- Coach direct and indirect employees to maximize morale, engagement and productivity.
- Provide constant feedback on performance vs plan and continuous improvement goals.
- Manage all aspects of the supply chain including global supplier section and supply contact negotiation.
- Schedule and track production transactions.
- Interface with customer representatives and third-party quality assurance organizations during shop inspections and customer witness testing.
- Participate in quality Review Board and 5s and lean implementation.
- Monitor slow moving inventory and manage manufacturing cost reduction.
- Provide cost estimates to sales and engineering in support of proposal and product development activities.
- Will supervise 13 employees.
- Applicant must have five (5) years of experience managing a high-precision manufacture/production facility operation with experience in designing and setting up lay out of the manufacturing facility.
- Experience must also include selection of CNC and manual machinery, installation and commissioning of machines, testing of production, and training of shop personnel for CNC lathes and milling machines.
- Must have experience in technologies such as Visual Metrics, ERP Management System, CAD/CAM system, CNC, and MS office suite.
- Must have strong knowledge of ISO and/or Military Standard Quality Assurance systems, OSHA compliance.
- Strong business and technical acumen and ability to manage team, understand department’s needs and drive business objectives, required.
- 40 hours per week. M-F: 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
To be considered, please send cover letter and resume to Attention: Human Resources, Coffin Turbo Pump, Inc., via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (201) 568-4716. Please use the position title as the subject line. Reference #20211551
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com with the attention of the Coffin representative mentioned in the posting. Please use the position title as the subject line. You may also send it via fax to (201) 568-4716.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Coffin Turbo Pump, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic disposition or other legally protected status.